Morehead City, North Carolina History

General Information

Becoming a vendor with the Town of Morehead requires a completed W-9, and as applicable, evidence of workman’s compensation coverage. The W-9 is available on our site | HERE

If you have questions, please contact Accounts Payable | HERE

If the vendor requires credit information before doing business with the Town, contact Accounts Payable | HERE

In compliance with the North Carolina General Statutes, all purchases must be authorized. Evidence of authorization is a numbered purchase order. The Town requires an invoice to be submitted to finance 10 days prior to the payment date.

All invoices must be mailed to 706 Arendell St, Attn: Accounts Payable, Morehead City, NC 28557.

All payments will be available after 4:00 pm on the date the check is issued.

Click to View 2018-2019 Accounts Payable Calendar

  • 7/10/15
  • 7/24/15
  • 8/7/15
  • 8/21/15
  • 9/4/15
  • 9/18/15
  • 10/2/15
  • 10/16/15
  • 10/30/15
  • 11/13/15
  • 11/30/15 *Monday
  • 12/11/15
  • 12/29/15 *Tuesday
  • 1/8/16
  • 1/22/16
  • 2/5/16
  • 2/19/16
  • 3/4/16
  • 3/18/16
  • 4/1/16
  • 4/15/16
  • 4/29/16
  • 5/13/16
  • 5/27/16
  • 6/10/16
  • 6/24/16

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I become a vendor?

In order to become a vendor with the Town of Morehead City, a W-9 must be completed and submitted. When applicable, evidence of workman’s compensation coverage will also be required. If you have any questions, please contact Accounts Payable.

How do I receive authorization for a purchase or service?

The Town requires a purchase order for all purchases or service. If work is completed or merchandise shipped without a purchase order number, it is considered unauthorized. Any unauthorized transaction is subject to the Town declining payment. The purchase order is issued by finance to each department and the contact person in the department is responsible for getting the information to the vendor.

How do I submit a W-9?

Link for W-9, if you have any questions, contact Accounts Payable. It can be emailed, faxed or mailed to you. We can receive the completed form in the same manner.

How do I submit workman’s compensation insurance?

Contact your insurance carrier to add the Town of Morehead City as certificate holder. The address needed is 706 Arendell St, Morehead City, NC 28557. Your insurance carrier can email, fax or mail the certificate.

How do I submit an invoice?

An invoice must be received in finance 10 days prior to the check issuance date. If can be emailed, faxed or mailed.

When will my check be available?

Checks are available after 4:00 pm on the date of issuance. Generally large, recurring & monthly billing vendors are paid every 28 days and all others are paid every other week. If you have a question about which payment cycle you are on please contact Accounts Payable | HERE

How can I find out if I have been issued a check?

Contact accounts payable.

When will I receive my 1099?

In compliance with the Internal Revenue Service, 1099 forms will be mailed to vendors on or before January 31st.