Cathy Campbell joined the Town of Morehead City as the city clerk on February 6, 2017. Cathy has a diverse professional background including administration, education, banking and mortgage lending. She is a native of Morehead City and an active member of Glad Tidings Church. Her volunteer service includes Family Promise of Carteret County and Operation Christmas Child.
Cathy has her state and international Certified Clerk credentials, and is now pursuing her Master Clerk credentials.
- Performs all duties required by the City Charter, state law and Ordinances
- Serves as secretary to the Mayor, City Council and City Manager, and liaison between the Council and the public
- Maintains and protects City records
- Ensures public notices are consistent with the law
- Coordinates the codification, indexing, microfilming and amending the City Code of Ordinances
- Prepares Council: