Morehead City – City Hall/Municipal Complex
Due Date: October 24, 2019, 2:00 pm
Deliver To: Morehead City Public Services Director, Daniel Williams
202 S. 8th Street
Morehead City, NC 28557
Submit: One original and two (2) copies of each proposal
Inquiries: Daniel Williams, Public Services Director, Phone (252) 726-6848
In compliance with this Request for Proposals, and subject to all the conditions thereof, the undersigned offers to furnish the goods/services requested and certifies he/she has read, understands, and agrees to all terms, conditions and requirements of this Proposal, I certify that this firm/individual is properly licensed for providing the goods/services specified.
The Undersigned certifies that he (they) are the only person (persons) interested in said project and that it is made without connection with other persons submitting a proposal on the same scope of work/services; that the proposal is made without collusion, fraud, or reservation; that no official or employee of the Owner is directly or indirectly interested in said proposal, or any portion thereof.
1.1 PROJECT INFORMATION
A. Notice to Bidders: Qualified bidders may submit bids for project as described in this Document.
Submit bids according to the Instructions to Bidders.
B. Project Identification: Morehead City – City Hall, Project #079857.
1. Project Location: 1108 Bridges Street, Morehead City, NC 28557.
C. Owner: Town of Morehead City.
1. Owner’s Representative: Daniel Williams, Public Services Director, Town of Morehead City; 202 South 8th Street, Morehead City, NC 28557.
D. Architect: Waller Todd & Sadler Architects, 1909 Cypress Avenue, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23451.
1. Project Description: Project consists of construction of a 21,306 SF building to house the new City Hall for Morehead City. The building is a two-story structure. Exterior envelope is masonry veneer with cast stone trim on metal stud backup and steel framing. A clock accented by cast stone ornaments, high parapet, and storefront openings all echo features of the original Charles S. Wallace High School which formerly occupied the site. First floor of the building will house finance, public service and planning and inspections functions. The second floor features an exhibit lobby, council chambers, administrative spaces, human resources and IT functions, and a two-story oculus for a view of the sky. Mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection systems will be provided throughout. Civil scope includes revision to existing site access, walkways, and some new parking.
E. Construction Contract: Bids will be received for the following Work:
1. General Contract (all trades).
1.2 BID SUBMITTAL AND OPENING
A. Owner will receive sealed lump sum bids until the bid time and date at the location given below. Owner will consider bids prepared in compliance with the Instructions to Bidders issued by Owner, and delivered as follows:
1. Bid Due Date: October 24, 2019.
2. Bid Time: 2:00 p.m., local time.
3. Location: Submit by sealed Bid 2 copies to:
Daniel Williams, Public Services Director,
Town of Morehead City;
Morehead City Municipal Building, 202 South 8th Street,
Morehead City, NC 28557 .
B. Bids will be thereafter publicly opened and read aloud.
MOREHEAD CITY – CITY HALL WTS PROJECT 079857
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS 001113 – 2
1.3 BID SECURITY
A. Bid security shall be submitted with each bid in the amount of 5 percent of the bid amount. No bids may be withdrawn for a period of 90 days after opening of bids. Owner reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive informalities and irregularities.
A. Printed Procurement and Contracting Documents: Obtain after September 18, 2019, by contacting Architect. Documents will be provided to prime bidders only; only complete sets of documents will be issued.
1. Deposit: $200.00 (non-refundable).
2. Shipping: Additional shipping charges of $25.00 will apply.
3. CD – $50.00 purchase – send check to Waller, Todd & Sadler, A Woolpert Company.
4. The complete set of documents may be examined at Office of Public Services, 704 Arendell Street, Morehead City, NC 28557.
B. Online Procurement and Contracting Documents: The complete set of documents may be downloaded from the Morehead City website at www.moreheadcitync.org. Obtain access after September 18, 2019. The plans may be viewed online at the following locations:
1. Dodge Data and Analytics www.construction.com
2. Construct Connect www.constructconnect.com
3. Builders & Contractors Exchange Inc. www.bceva.com