Smartgov Public Permit Portal:
You may contact the Planning & Inspections Department at email@example.com or 252-726-6848 x125 for Permit Portal Access, then create a new account using an access code provided by the Town, verify the new account by clicking a link sent to your email address, and submit payment through the portal. Many permit types with automatically issue upon receipt of payment and users are able to print or save a copy of their permit.
Alternatively, you may pay online or by telephone through Official Payments.
Official Payments Online Instructions:
1. Go to www.officialpayments.com
2. Click on “Local Payment”
3. Enter Jurisdiction Code “4391” or Select State “North Carolina” and Collecting Organization “Morehead City, Town of”
4. For Type of Payment, enter “Building & Planning Permits” and click “Make a Payment”
5. Click “Continue”, then click “Accept” to accept the terms of using service
6. Enter credit card information and permit number (permit box is alphanumeric only- no dots or dashes)
7. You will receive a confirmation number
8. Call or email Planning & Inspections to give us the confirmation number at 252-726-6848 x 125 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Payments Telephone Instructions:
1. Call Official Payments at 1-888-272-9829
2. Select Option 3 for “Other Payments”
3. Enter jurisdiction code “4391” and press 1 to accept
4. Select Option 4 for Payment Type (Permits)
5. Follow prompts to receive confirmation number and write down number
6. Call or Email Planning & Inspections your confirmation number at 252-726-6848 x 125 or email@example.com
7. When paying by telephone, a service fee will be applied for each transaction completed.
Staff can receive cash, check, and money order in-person. In order to pay with a credit card, it is necessary to utilize either the telephone or online payment method.