Insure Your Property

Flooding is not covered by a standard homeowner's insurance policy AND there is a 30-day waiting period before coverage goes into effect. If you live in the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) and have a government-backed mortgage, you may be required to purchase flood insurance. Since Morehead City participates in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), flood insurance is available to homeowners, condominium owners, commercial owners, and renters.

Limits of Coverage:

Type of Coverage

I’m a Homeowner

I’m a Business Owner

I’m a Renter









If you have flood insurance, confirm the amount and items covered in your policy by speak with your insurance provider.

Now is the best time to buy flood insurance! Contact your preferred insurance agency for more information. Additional information can be found at the National Flood Insurance Program website or by calling 877-336-2627.

For more information, check out the:

Rate Explanation Guide

Discount Explanation Guide