Morehead City Utility Payment Plan
THE PAYMENT PLAN WILL NOW BE AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE JULY 30, 2020 UNLESS RESCINDED OR EXTENDED.
Town of Morehead City
Governor Cooper’s Executive Order 124
Amended for Executive Order 142
- The Governor’s Executive Order 124 (EO 124) and subsequently Executive Order 142 (EO 142) requires the suspension of late fees and disconnection of utility service from March 31, 2020 through July 29, 2020.
- EO 124 does not extinguish or waive account balances. If you had an unpaid account balance as of March 31, 2020 you will need to continue to pay toward that balance. After July 29, 2020, service may be disrupted for failure to pay unpaid balances accrued prior to March 31, 2020.
- The Town of Morehead City will continue to bill the normal charges for services provided after March 31, 2020 and the customer is legally responsible to pay all amounts due on the account.
- EO 124 & EO 142 is currently effective until July 29, 2020. Unless the EO is extended, the Town of Morehead City will resume normal disconnection and late fee policies as of July 30, 2020. The customer will have until February 14, 2021 to pay any delinquencies incurred from March 31, 2020 through July 29, 2020 if on the payment plan.
- Payment plan participation is from July 30, 2020 through August 31, 2020. No payment plans will be accepted after August 31, 2020. The customer will not incur any late penalties or be disconnected for nonpayment from March 31, 2020 through July 29, 2020; HOWEVER, upon termination of EO 124 & EO 142, services may be disconnected if the customer fails to execute a payment arrangement and make the minimum payment amounts due under the agreement or if the customer fails to pay the FULL amounts owed for services billed after July 29, 2020.
- We encourage customers to continue to pay on their account to avoid accumulating large balances. As part of EO 124 & EO 142 the Town of Morehead City is offering the following payment plan to all customers: To participate in the plan the customer agrees to pay a minimum of 10% of the account balance by August 2020. If unable to meet this requirement please contact Laureen Jones at 252-726-6848 ext. 130. The customer acknowledges that the payment plan does not extinguish or waive the account balance and the customer remains legally responsible to pay the account balance in full. Charges incurred after July 29, 2020 that are not paid on time (the 14th of every month) and/or the minimum payment plan amounts are not paid on time will be assessed late fees and be subject to disconnection of service.
You may sign up to participate in the payment plan by filling out the form and dropped off at City Hall or it can be put it in the drop box in the front of City Hall or mailed to Town of Morehead City Attn: Shirl Meadows, 706 Arendell St., Morehead City, NC 28557. On July 30, 2020 the payment plan form can be downloaded from our website at https://moreheadcitync.org/347/Communications or picked up at City Hall.