The Finance Department is responsible for the general accounting for the Town of Morehead City.
- Administering financial policies and procedures
- Assisting in the budget preparation and monitoring
- Calculating and disbursing wages to employees
- Capital asset accounting
- Disbursing all payments to vendors for goods and services
- Investing Town funds and managing cash flow
- Managing the external audit process and administering Town "business" insurance
- Managing Town debt
- Performing accounting for all departments and funds
- Reporting of budgetary, financial & grant information
Attention Morehead City Vendors
In compliance with the North Carolina General Statutes, all purchases must be authorized. Evidence of authorization is a numbered purchase order.
The City requires an invoice to be submitted to finance 10 days prior to the payment date.