Mornings – (Mondays – Fridays 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.)
Pickleball, a combination of tennis, badminton, and ping pong, is one of the fastest growing sports in the country. MCPRD offers open play at the Morehead City Recreation Center gymnasium. All Pickleball players must have an annual usage pass or pay a $5.oo daily pass fee.
The department serves as one of the practice and competition host sites for the Carteret County Senior Games.
- The games attract about 135 participants and 75 volunteers each year
- For more information call Carteret County Parks and Recreation at 252-808-3301
Youth Basketball – (2016-17 Program Dates)
This youth league is co-sponsored by the Carteret County and Morehead City Parks and Recreation Departments. Teams will practice at the Morehead City Recreation Center or Morehead City Middle School. Games will be played at these gyms and other county gym facilities.
- Registration: September 1 – November 6
- Registration fee: $40.00
- Age Divisions: girls 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14; boys 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16
- Cut-off for age groups — January 1
- Practices Begin — Week of December 5th
- Games — January and February
- SWAC team selection and SWAC Tournaments — March
- Team basketball jerseys are included in the registration fee.
- Volunteer coaches are needed for the program.
- For more information, contact Kirk Peterson at 252-726-5083 ext. 3
Eastern NC Junior Golf League (2016 Program Dates – June 1- July 31)
The Junior Golf League is aimed at providing quality education, skill development and great fun at age appropriate competition for boys and girls ages 10-18. This program is offered each summer with most practices and matches in June and July (some late May & early August dates may be included). For more information, contact Jerry Riggs at (252)726-5083 ext.4.
- Registration: April 1 – May 15
- Registration fee: $60.00
- Age Divisions: girls 10-13, 14-18; boys 10-11, 12-13, 14-15, 16-18
2016 Junior Golf League Information
Crystal Coast Girls Youth Volleyball League – (2015 Program Dates)
The league is co-sponsored by the Carteret County, Emerald Isle, and Morehead City Parks and Recreation Departments.
- Registration Period: August 1 – August 31
- Registration Fee: $30.00
- Practices begin: August 31
- League games begin: September 21
- Volunteer coaches are needed.
- 3 Levels of Competition: Girls 9-10; 11-12; 13-14 (Player age as of August 1, 2015)
For more information or to register, please contact:
- Morehead City Area
- Broad Creek, Newport, Beaufort, & Down East Areas
- Emerald Isle & Western Carteret Areas
30th Annual NCSF 8K Twin Bridges Race – (October 1, 2016)
The Morehead City Parks and Recreation Department sponsors this race in conjunction with the North Carolina Seafood Festival held on the Morehead City Waterfront the first weekend in October.
A BIG THANKS to all law enforcement and emergency service staff for their assistance in ensuring a safe race course.
Junior Golf Fall League – (New Program)
The league format is 9-hole individual match play.
- Age Divisions: Girls 10-13, 14-18 Boys 10-11, 12-13, 14-15, 16-18
- Registration fee: $10.00/match
- Match Dates: October 10, 18, & 25
- Contact: Jerry Riggs at Jerry.Riggs@moreheadcitync.org or 252-726-5083 x 4
Questions: Please contact Kirk Peterson or Jerry Riggs for more information.