Staff can receive both cash and check in-person. In order to pay with a credit card, it is necessary to utilize either the telephone or online payment method.
- Go to Official Payments.
- Click on “Local Payments”; Enter Jurisdiction Code 4391; Payment Type = Building and Planning Permits; Click “Make a Payment” and continue to follow the on-screen instructions.
- Obtain the permit number from the online Permitting Updates or contact staff. When you enter the permit number, do not enter dashes, dots, etc.
- Email the confirmation number and permit number/site address to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure payment is properly credited.
Notes when paying online:
- There is a cap of $300.00 per transaction. If the permit cost exceeds $300.00, the process must be completed multiple times.
- There is a processing fee of $4.95 per transaction.
- You may still be required to pick up your permit in person, regardless of whether or not you have paid your fees online.
- Obtain the permit number from the online Permitting Updates or contact staff.
- Call Official Payments at (888) 272-9829.
- Select Option 3, “Other Payments”.
- Enter Jurisdiction Code 4391; Press 1 to accept.
- Select Payment Type; Select Option 4 for Permits.
- Follow prompts.
- Write or print confirmation information. Email (email@example.com) or call (252-726-6848 x125) staff and provide the confirmation number and permit number/site address in order to ensure the payment is properly credited.
Notes when paying by telephone:
- There is a payment transaction fee of $4.95 in addition to a service fee of $1.50.
- The above fees will be charged each time a transaction is completed.
- You may still be required to pick up your permit in person, regardless of whether or not you have paid your fees by telephone.
Posted in: FAQs | Inspections